19 March, 2007

So Close in South America

Sunday evening was time for another WAPT Tourney - this time it was the South American Championship.

Less runners i thought this time (31) but tough competition just the same.
I managed to add a third to my starting stack early on with a couple of nice hands, followed by the usual quiet spell before a double up, pre-final table, with my favourite 10-10 combo.
The Final Table was as tough as expected - with a fair bit of tight play and the chips passed back and forwards.

The fatefull hand that saw me bubble the bubble (top5 needed - im out in 7th) dealt 98os on BB facing a min raise, i called - flop A,10,9, i place a small bet which was called, turn brought an 8, another smallish bet brought a re-raise in return at which point i push my 2 pair all in......to face a Q,J .

It was a straight...only a 8 or 9 to save me and they didnt arrive, a 7th place to follow my 4th in the last WAPT, results looking up, still like to improve though.

1 comment:

lightning36 said...

Nice blog. I saw the link at Cardschat and decided to take a look. I'll put a link on my blog for it and would appreciate if you would do the same for mine if you are so inclined.

btw - I predict that I will suffer a major suckout at Full Tilt in the loyalers freeroll this weekend. Such is my usual luck with Full Tilt Poker.